Anyway this post is to convince myself that life is not that bad.
Shall we recap:
- Con: I broke a tooth last Wednesday and had to get it repaired on Rosh Hashonah.
- Pro: Not only did the dentist get me in early (and he does amazing work AND I have dental insurance) but afterwards, I went to Marshalls and found a short-sleeve denim dress that got me complements at work.
- Con: I am never making 72 cupcakes for our summer reading party again. Between the burns on my hands and trying to transport them frosted, I was a very cranky Plotbunny.
- Pro: The summer reading game is over for another year, and next year we should be in the new building (knock wood).
- Con: Money's a little tight at the moment.
- Pro: Birthday money and Sundays (time and a half) are coming up. Plus, it's going to good causes. Trip to OVFF, trip to England, paying off my last credit card within 3 years. Besides my cashflow will improve once I no longer feel like I have to get out of our tiny temporary library for lunch.
- Con: I'm not completely happy with the bigbang I posted yesterday.
- Pro: I got the most amazing art, and once the csbigbang is over, I have plans to revisit and revise it.
- Con: It's that time of the month. Which decided to manifest itself this month in it's mild depressive state (as opposed to its "let's get things done" or "lets snap at everyone" states)
- Pro: I just bought chocolate. :)
And as I can't think of any more cons, here are some more pros:
- I've already had most of the family cards, and bunny socks from my brother and sister-in-law.
- Making plans to see snowishness at OVFF and knowing that I'll be doing the same for England as it gets closer.
- New TV season (this includes yon British shows that don't follow our seasons but are starting anyway).
- Having my birthday OFF this year. Somehow my birthdays are worse when I have to work.
- Vacation time: I'm off through Sunday and I took a week off after OVFF. And I've got absolutely no set plans. :D
- Carvel birthday cake in my freezer.
- I've decided that my birthday present to myself is the Man from UNCLE DVDs. Mostly because it meant using credits I already had and cost me nothing out of pocket. And the set is so shiny. :)
So to conclude. Life is good and I shouldn't be at all sulky. :|
And what is good about your life these days?